Thursday, March 02, 2006

WTF

So, Monday a girl from Smith Hall was supposedly attacked in the bathroom of the lobby. Of course, this brought a lot of negative attention to come to Drury through the local media. It also caused security to have several meetings about what happened and what they are going to do about it. Well, today the police charged the girl with filing a false police report. She completely made it up. She just wanted the attention. She even went so far as to hurt herself to make her story sound true.
Tonight Drury held a conference with required attendance for those living in the dorms. The director of security spoke, along with the police officer who got the case, and finally the girl. The officer explained the charge against her, how and why these things happen. Then, the girl (I'm refusing to use her name because even I'm not that low) said she was "sorry" that we were angry and scared because of what she did. Her so called apology pissed me off, if you can't already tell. She never admitted that she actually did it, she never admitted that it was wrong, and every word that can out of her mouth was dripping with sarcasm. On top of that, when the director of security and the police officer were talking, she was standing behind them rolling her eyes. One of the things she said was that she didn't know the difference between what is real and what is not. I understand that there are people who honestly can't decipher between what is real and their delusions. But this girl is not psychotic, she is a normal college student and from what she has said to other people and said in the class I have with her, she has no problem with reality.
With all the negative attention she has brought to this school, I personally think she should be expelled. She is also a transfer student which really makes me wonder what her reputation was at her last school to make her come here. I have never had a problem with safety on campus. I have walked across campus at 2 in the morning by myself before and nothing has happened. She has made Drury sound like a dangerous place to live, and it is far from it. I feel safer here than in my actual home. The grand majority of the campus feels the same way and already despise her. For her reputation and more importantly my school's, she needs to realize what she has done and go elsewhere for the remainder of her education.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well put Samantha. I hope the girl in question reads this. Mom

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Counters