Wednesday, August 24, 2005

First Day of Class

My first day of class was wonderful. Granted I only had two classes and I got to sleep until 10am, go to two classes come back and take a nap, but still. I have to say I am extremely impressed so far not only with the kindness and welcoming from the students at Drury but also from the faculty. How many college professors do you know that give their students HOME phone numbers? All of my teachers have so far. The only limit they gave us was not to call them after midnight but they said during finals week even that doesn't matter. Dr. VanDenBurg (Internation Relations) gave us his home phone, cell phone, office phone, map to his office, the hours he would be in his office, and the hours and places he teaches. Another question, how many students at a state school know the name and major of every person in every class? I would have to say not many. But I guess when your largest class is 30 people and your smallest is 7 it isn't hard. Yes, I did say my smallest class was 7, my photography class is 7 people. I love this school.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Stephani said...

hi. got your blog from michelle im stephani. im really really bored. so hi

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Counters