Monday, September 05, 2005

"Wonderful" Weekend

Well my weekend for the most part really was great. But, 20 minutes in St. Louis ruined it all. The night we got to Patrick's house, we dropped off our stuff and decided to go to Walmart to get some things we forgot. Patrick's parents asked us if we would pick up Sean, his little brother, from work on the way. After we got Sean, we were on our way to Walmart when we noticed a cop had been following us since we left his job. Amy stuck her hand out the window because apparently in Monett they wave at the cops when they see them. I grabbed Amy's arm and pulled it back in the window, as soon as I did we saw lights in the rear view mirror. We pulled over and waited for the police officer to come to the window, when he got to the window, he told Patrick that he had been swerving, which we weren't, he also said that we had thrown something out the window, which once again, hadn't happened. He asked us what we were doing, Patrick told him that we had just picked up his brother and were heading to Walmart. The genius cop asked which one was his brother ( to explain, in the car, there were 3 girls and 2 guys and the cop was talking to one of the guys, duh). The cop took Pat's ID and insurence and went back to his car, by this time there are 2 other cop cars there, 2 St. Louis county police and 1 St. Georges' police car. He came back and asked Patrick to get out of the car, he took him to the other side of the car, asked him if he had any knives or needles, which he didn't, then he searched Patrick, and asked him to sit on the sidewalk with his feet in front of him and his hands at his sides. I was in the front passenger seat, so next he told me to get out, he asked me the same thing, I told him all I had on me was my keys, he told me to turn out my pockets and he checked my pants' legs and told me to sit on the sidewalk beside Patrick. Next, they told Amy to get out, she told him that she didn't have any pockets, and he lifted up her shirt to check. The cop then searched Jazmyne and Sean and told them to sit with the rest of us. He then searched the entire car, under the seats, in the glovebox, everywhere. He also searched my purse which I had left in the car, which I didn't think they could search without 1) probable cause and 2) me watching, but maybe I'm mistaken, but I doubt it. After he searched the car, he told us to get back in and the cop went to his car and came back. He told us that he wasn't going to give Patrick a ticket but to be more careful, whatever that means. If we hadn't done anything to deserve a ticket, why did he need to search the car, or even pull us over. GRRRR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Web Counters